- 19-Jan-2017 to 31-Mar-2017 (MST)
- 710 ESPN Seattle Programming
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Full Time
710 ESPN Seattle is looking for someone to serve the brand as both a show producer and host.
Produce entertaining and compelling programming that that informs, engages, and entertains sports fans on broadcast, digital, and social platforms. Act as a regular voice, helping to steer the primary host through the topics of the day.
Produce and Host a Seattle sports radio show, delivering content in an interesting, engaging, compelling style that attracts the targeted audience, builds ratings and makes generous use of content previously generated on the station.
- Produce, board op, and host 6a-7a hour by creating a show that will tackle the biggest Seattle sports news in a straightforward but compelling manner.
- Recognize, conceptualize, and develop unique angles within daily sports stories
- Help frame, develop, and manage host(s) ideas and opinions, often steering on air content.
- Find, record, edit and mix audio on deadline
- Cultivate and maintain a wide range of contacts for compelling guests
- Update and engage audience on social media platforms daily
- Ability to build audience by connecting on a personal level with listeners/users and generating loyalty.
- Able to work independently at times, but take coaching and direction from management.
- Proficiency with computer software programs and social media platforms
- Wide range of sports and entertainment resources and contacts.
- Ability to run a radio board, even while hosting
- Understanding of sound production
- Experience finding and booking guests
- Well organized and highly attentive to detail
- Proven ability to handle stress and multi-task
- Excellent time management skills and flexibility
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Familiar with laws on libel and slander and familiar with FCC Rules and Regulations
- Work in compliance with company policies, procedures, and brand
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to consistently work hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, evenings, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality by not discussing internal matters, company strategies, client's proprietary information, personnel matters, wage and salary information or any sensitive information with clients, competitors, listeners, the media or inappropriately with co-workers, and by not distributing our proprietary research or other information to our competitors.
- 3-5 years radio producer experience or equivalent
- Experience using NewsBoss, Adobe Audition or similar programs
- Able to set up ISDN, Comrex, Skype, and help direct technical aspects of the show
- Digital video production skills
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 14 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. We're proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.