- 20-Nov-2013 to 11-Jan-2014 (MST)
- KIRO Programming
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Full Time
POSITION OBJECTIVE: KIRO Radio is looking for a morning news anchor/host to dominate their daypart. Anchor/Host must deliver remarkable content in an interesting and entertaining style that attracts the targeted audience, building ratings and digital users. Anchor/Host must be exceptionally curious about the news – both local and national, must be intellectually honest and conduct an entertaining yet civil conversation and maintain high energy with a sense of humor. Anchor/Host will be charged with creating exclusive content and regularly contributing to the various digital platforms including, but not limited to regular blogs, podcasts and/or videos, online listener chats and use of other social media platforms in addition to emerging digital technologies.
• Must have integrity and be a credible news personality.
• Abel to entertain and be a compelling story teller.
• Must be passionate and opinionated and insightful about local topics and national news.
• Experience in developing and delivering compelling topics/stories.
• Proficient computer skills and savvy in social media platforms to be able to create and contribute content (i.e. blogs, chats, updates, etc.) Also able to learn new systems quickly to use them to contribute to the creation of online contet.
• Ability to generate desired synergism with audience and establishes listenership motivation and loyalty.
• Effectively communicate (written and verbal) in a team environment
• Create and execute daily show planner
• Strong desire and work ethic
• Spends time researching and developing topics.
• Multi-tasking pro. Ability to be organized with the capability to concentrate on more than one event at a time, able to follow written and verbal instructions under moderate supervision.
• Proven ability to work under pressure to meet daily/weekly deadlines.
• Ability to work in a fast and concise manner under pressure with demonstrated ability to present live and ad-lib unscripted news reports with continuity, meaning, and clarity
• Willing to be active in the community.
• Self-starter with the ability to assure accuracy in on-air product. Errors may incur financial time loss.
• Ability to work closely with the sales department to develop and enhance client relationships and revenue.
• Work effectively in a team environment.
• Consistently works hours required. Flexible hours required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, early mornings, etc.
• Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
• Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
• Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
PREFERRED, But Not Required:
• College degree in communication, journalism, related field, or equivalent.
• Two to three (2-3) years on-air experience with a proven record of on-air success which should include:
- Ratings performance, job stability and community involvement;
- Ability to conduct on-air interviews and interact with callers;
- Being conversational, well-read, knowledgeable, and articulate;
- Variety of characteristics such as spontaneity and flair while also showing depth, good judgment, and sensitivity;
- Ability to enunciate clearly and interpret and read copy fluently;
- Ability to understand and execute format philosophy and work with a team of other professionals in creating a distinctive sound;
- Ability to properly operate studio equipment;
• Ability to accept direction and be flexible with changes
• Strong interest, knowledge, awareness, and appetite for local/national current topics.
• Able to offer creative new approaches to entertaining programming and be knowledgeable and have an on-going awareness in evaluating and utilizing current events in a compelling manner for on-air presentation.
• Ability to utilize state of the art technology to achieve professional quality programming in accordance with Bonneville's standards of performance.
• Ability to solve unanticipated problems or perform unscheduled assignments that demand immediate attention.
• Prefer someone who has worked effectively with other on-air professionals in creating a unique broadcast.
• An in-house audition may be required.
• Receive, deliver, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
• Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
• Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
• Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!